Green Hostels - Zielone SchroniskaPolish Tourist and Sightseeing Society

Book accommodation

Weather

temperature: 6°C / 4°C
Rain

Church of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Zakopane

Church of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Zakopane street Kościeliska is often called the "old church". It is the oldest wooden sacral building in Zakopane was built in 1847. A small temple of larch wood was founded by the owner of the Zakopane Klementyna Homolacs. The work led local experienced carpenter, Sebastian caterpillar-Sobczak. The church was dedicated to Saint Clement in honor of the founder. In the years 1850 - 1851 on the initiative of the first parish priest of Zakopane, Fr. Stolarczyk church was enlarged and a tower was added. Overhaul was carried out in the 50s The twentieth century.

Temple of carcass construction consists of a closed polygonal chancel and nave, two-piece. Sacristy adjacent to the sanctuary and the nave connects to the porch. Dwukalenicowy roof is covered with shingles and surmounted by a tower-bell. The main altar and side altars from the second half of the nineteenth century and were made by the sculptor Wojciech folk-Wawrzyńcoka crutches. In the main altar is a copy of the image of Our Lady of Czestochowa, which since the 30s Twentieth century is the patroness of the church. The interior is decorated with folk saints, and also paintings.

The Church is located on the Lesser Wooden Architecture Route.

Near the church is a cemetery on Peksowy Brzyzek Merit and a brick chapel and Benedict Saints Świerada of about 1810 years which is the oldest holy building of Zakopane.