Green Hostels - Zielone SchroniskaPolish Tourist and Sightseeing Society

Book accommodation

Weather

temperature: 2°C / -4°C
Almost cloudless

The Church of Saint Andrew the Apostle in Gilowice

The Church of St. Andrew the Apostle was moved to its current location from Rychwałd in 1757. The church was built in the early sixteenth century, and was later expanded by the Komorowscy foundation. In its interiors, interesting sacral monuments preserved, including paintings and statues of saints, wall paintings by Sobinowicz - a painter from Żywiec, 20th-century polychromy with two large scenes from the Bible, late baroque altars and an early Baroque pulpit (a gift from the Komorowscy from 1440r.). The church is surrounded by several beautiful oaks, protected as natural monuments.

Address:

Gilowice 71

34-322 Gilowice