Green Hostels - Zielone SchroniskaPolish Tourist and Sightseeing Society

Book accommodation

Weather

temperature: 6°C / 4°C
Rain

The Church of the Nativity of our Lady in Inwałd

The church was built in 1747-1750 and founded by the then village owner - Franciszek Schwarzenberg-Czerny. The church is in the style of the late Baroque, and inside it is worth to see the vault painted in 1928 by Karol Polityński. The paintings show the Crowning of Our Lady, the Assumption of Our Lady and the death of Joseph in the presence of Jesus and Mary. The church is also famous for its miraculous painting of Our Lady of Inwałd on the main altar. This work came from Scandinavia and reportedly was offered up at the beginning of the seventeenth century by marauding bandits. The holy painting was worshiped and pilgrimages to it were made by local residents even before the partition of Poland in the eighteenth century.

Address:

ul. Wadowicka 110
34-120 Andrychów, Inwałd