Green Hostels - Zielone SchroniskaPolish Tourist and Sightseeing Society

Book accommodation

Weather

temperature: 6°C / 4°C
Rain

The Church of St. James the Elder in Rzyki

This church was built under the patronage of Duchess Apolonia Poniatowska in 1793-1796. The tower was built in 1835. Inside, one can admire wall paintings from 1885, made by Józef Paszyński of Tarnów. On the baroque-rococo altar created before 1837, one may see the painting of Our Lady of Consolation. In addition, there is an extremely valuable wooden statue of Our Lady from the fifteenth century and another late Gothic one from the sixteenth century. The nave and the sacristy contain reliefs made by a folk artist - Stanisław Mikołajek.

Address: 

Rzyki 332

Rzyki 34-152